Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Adoption Awareness Month: Day 3

Ask local libraries or bookstores to feature adoption-related books this month. Encourage them to place these books near the entrance to garner the most attention.

At the very least, we're going to check out the library and our local Borders soon. From past experience, our library has featured adoption-related books near their entrance, and on the floor where other adoption books are, in prior years. I found them quite easily when adoption was just a topic to explore.

Borders should be interesting. When I first looked for adoption books at our local store, despite a section labeled Adoption, there wasn't a single book. When I e-mailed them to ask why, they said they only carried what people asked for. (Odd that you'd have a section labeled Adoption, but only carry said books if requested). I returned a few weeks later and found they had simply been filed in the wrong section--2 sections over from where it was labeled. I will be interested to see if they've fixed that little snafu.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: