Sunday, February 28, 2010

We survived the snowicane

So when we got home from our unexpected hotel stay, we had to deal with this:



And note how heavy the snow was on the trees:



And all of the forecasters were predicting 12-24" of snow on Thursday, followed by snow and wind on Friday. So much wind, they started calling it a snowicane. And the radar made it look just like a hurricane--a nice circular storm making its way up the east coast. Gee, we couldn't wait. Both of our companies started warning us that work was going to most likely happen remotely.

And that's exactly what happened. It snowed all day Thursday. And it snowed, with wind gusts up to 50mph, all day on Friday. It finally started to calm down Friday afternoon.



In the middle of all of this, I was sick. So I guess it was good that I couldn't make it in to work. I'd hate to be coughy and congested on a snow-covered highway, when I could do that in my living room. J didn't feel that great either. We were quite the pair.

This morning we puttered around the house, getting ready to finally go into work after almost a week. Of course, I saw this sight late this morning:



You have GOT to be kidding me.

No comments: