Thursday, February 11, 2010

Anatomy of a snow storm

After dodging a bullet twice this snow season, we were finally in for it yesterday. They were forecasting anywhere from 6 to 18 inches, both here and at work. J and I awakened yesterday morning to a few inches and closures for both of our worksites. I settled in to work from home, and decided to take pictures of the deluge on an hourly (give or take) basis. Don't worry, I won't bore you with all the pictures. And I don't know how to do a slide show.
The little gargoyle on our front porch seemed to be a good gauge of what we were getting.


Here is Mr Gargoyle at 8:15-ish.

So I worked on some projects, sat in on some conference calls, had some lunch, and took some more pictures.


Mr Gargoyle around 1-ish. Note his base is covered, though you can still see the bottom of the pillar.


About 2, I decided to add our Christmas tree as a reference point.


I got work wrapped up around 5, and took the last of my outdoor pictures for the day.


Things were getting pretty active.

BTW, that's our Subaru at the bottom of our driveway, covered in snow. The wind started to blow a lot of it near the bottom of the hill, so we ended up with a 2' drift.


Mr Gargoyle, looking pretty much unrecognizable.
I spent the rest of my evening doing this:
New mittens for me!
We got up early this morning to find that J's work had a normal schedule, and mine was delayed until 10:30. Yeah, right. After digging out and trying to get out of the development, I turned around and came right home, since my car is not a sled. Apparently half of my co-workers were in the same boat. So it was another work from home day.
The roads seem to have cleared up nicely since 9am, so I'll head into NJ tomorrow and see what kind of winter wonderland there is in store.
No more snow until at least Monday. Huzzah.

No comments: