Saturday, February 20, 2010

Not the weekend we had in mind

J's birthday was yesterday. And he caught a cold. So I went off to work while he essentially slept the day away. And ate a lot of cold medication. He's doing more of the same today. Though he says he is starting to feel better. But I can locate him by his cough no matter where he is in the house.

I have a ton of work that I had to bring home. One assignment is done for the moment, and 3 more left by tomorrow night. Joy.

In the meantime, it's laundry and cooking. I finally got a hold of the Healthy Bread in 5 Minutes a Day book, and I'm proud to say my podunk grocery store carries vital wheat gluten (who knew?). So I'm making my first healthy whole wheat bread dough as we speak. And there's a pork tenderloin in the crock pot. Yum.

Something tells me that, in between work assignments tomorrow, I should make some cookies.

No comments: