Saturday, January 30, 2010

So happy for the weekend

Bad week. Bad, bad week.

Monday we had rain. Tons of rain. Traffic was a nightmare. Awful day to try and go to work. And I did a leg workout with J when I got home, guaranteeing I was going to walk like an old woman the rest of the week.

Thursday we had snow. Surprise snow. Not enough for a full-on complement of salt trucks and plows, but enough to make the roads a disaster. Crashes everywhere. Traffic like you would not believe. The only reason I stayed on the road was because I had to proof a document. And when I got in, no one was working on it. For a long panicked moment, I thought I had endured 2 1/2 hours of a mind-numbing commute for nothing. But work started on it again, and I could endure the rest of the day.

Today is Saturday. I slept in. I read. I knitted. I prepped some artisan bread. I'm getting a massage in a little over 90 minutes.

I feel better.

No comments: