Thursday, May 22, 2008

Weekend in Baltimore!

I swear, one of these days my life will calm down and I can actually upload pictures to go with my stories. But for now you'll have to read the article and not look at pictures.

So, I lived in Baltimore for almost 10 years. I loved it there. I met my husband there. I got married there. I still have friends there, some of whom I met after I left (thank goodness for the Internet). And I haven't visited in forever. Until last weekend.

My main reason for going was to help my friend Chris the winemaker at Wine in the Woods, (http://www.wineinthewoods.com/ )the wine festival to kick off the season in Maryland. Chris works at Woodhall Vineyards, (http://www.woodhallwinecellars.com/) and he makes a mean chardonnay, along with a host of other yummy wines. I got to pour wine alongside my friend Jason, and finally delivered his birthday present, about 2 years late ;) I got to see my friends Katie, Karen, and Gail, and to see Gail's husband and adorable son. And I had a wonderful dinner with Chris and Angie. I hope to do it again soon, guys.

My second reason for going was to catch an Orioles game. Jason was game for a soggy day at Camden Yards and a good 5 innings of baseball (after a 2-hour rain delay!) before I had to head back home. I really hope to see at least one more game at The Yard before the season is over.

As a bonus, I got to stay at the hotel where we had our wedding reception. I just love the memories that come flooding back every time I go there, and it was so close to the festival. Score!

1 comment:

d said...

Wish I could have been there! I miss Wine in the Woods! =)