Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Food, glorious food!

I got this e-mail from my husband yesterday afternoon:

I am going to make the following things tonight

The steaks for actual dinner
Some of the chicken I am going to cook for chicken cheese steaks
Some will be baked
And I will leave some for you and the crock pot.

What do you think of this??!!!

Oh and lots of nummy potatoes
(he has his own language sometimes ;)

Now, what girl wouldn't be thrilled to have her husband cook for her?

True to his word, he was hard at work in the kitchen when I got home. There was chicken in the oven, chicken on the stove, and chicken and steak on the grill. He was madly chopping potatoes to mash. We dined on the steak, potatoes, and some corn, and had a ton of leftovers to eat during our busy workweek.

So I have baked chicken with a BBQ marinade, grilled chicken with a honey BBQ marinade, and chopped chicken for cheese steaks to look forward to this week. And more mashed potatoes than we've ever made. Those will go well with the bratwurst I got on Sunday.

Thanks Jim, you're pretty mango.