Friday, May 23, 2008

The cats

The furry creatures that share our home deserve a shout out today. Currently they're lazing around the house wondering what I'm doing here. And I'm bothering them with my camera.


Gracie: my old girl--16 this year! Jim calls her "favorite mew" because she's so easygoing. You'd never know it, but she's also the alpha cat in the family. She smacked Hobbes around more than once, and just did as I was typing this post.


Hobbes came with the husband. Not a bad bonus. He's a beautiful Siberian. They're talkative, which you can see in the last picture--he's chatting while I get a shot of him looking out the window. And I love the first picture, because his tail is almost always moving--especially when he's begging for food.




Carmen. Jim calls her "evil mew" because she's an "aggressive breed", or so the vet says. She likes to get her own way and will stop at little to get it. Every night at dinner, I usually get a smack on the arm from her--she apparently can't go an entire meal without some attention.


Carmen and Hobbes. She loves to sit on the tower and dangle her arms. She's keeping a close eye on her mortal nemesis Hobbes (I think she's just afraid of the big gray thing and tries to assert her authority). Hobbes doesn't care in this shot, because Daddy gave him drugs. Mmm, catnip...

3 comments:

RooManda said...

Aww, I knew you had cats, but for some reason I could only think of 2. Hmm. Carmen sounds a lot like my Sweetie. Must be the calico in them. Thanks for having something for me to read tonight!

d said...

So cute!!!

Gem said...

Adorable! I'm glad you finally posted pictures of them, so we can put kitty faces with names. :-)