Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Back in the saddle

Years and years ago, before I got married, I was a yoga junkie. I went 2-3 times per week, like clockwork, and was known on sight by my instructor and half of my classmates. The YMCA I went to was maybe 10 minutes from my house, class times were doable, and it was divine.

Then I moved to a little town, with a long commute to work, and no one seemed to have good times for yoga classes. I would occasionally pull out my mat and block and do something at home, but it was never anything consistent. I missed it. And so did my posture.

Now that we're in MA, we're 5 minutes from the biggest YMCA I've ever seen. There's a huge basketball court, and above it a walking/running track. Dedicated rooms for spin classes, aerotics, yoga, you name it. A karate dojo. An Olympic sized pool. An auditorium. Drop-in childcare. Full-time childcare. Heck, they have a reading nook. It just goes on and on.

J's work gives a workout discount, and we liked what we saw at the Y. We signed up last week, and S had her first swim class there on Thursday. J and I sat down and figured out a workout schedule, and it looks like my Tuesdays are now free for yoga. I went to my first class tonight. It was divine. I didn't push myself too hard, but I got a good workout, and I really enjoyed it. I'm secretly waiting for all the New Year's Resolution people to drop off so I have more room for my mat, but it was great to see a crowd.

I can't wait until next Tuesday :)

No comments: