Thursday, March 26, 2009

I love birthdays

One of my departments at work goes all out for birthdays, meaning there is a LOT of food. The birthday girl in question had a big birthday on Tuesday (you know, one that ends in a 0), and she loves chocolate. I knew I had to make her this cake. Decadent double chocolate: the name says it all.






Because I've gotten crunchy granola in my old age, I used my trusty hemp milk instead of the Lactaid that was in the fridge, and I used organic sugar and agave nectar to sweeten it. Despite my best efforts, it stuck to the pan a little, but I just sprinkled extra powdered sugar on top and it looked fine.


It was divine. Everyone loved it. The chocolate liqueur glaze soaks into the whole cake, making it very moist. J was particularly pleased, since there were a few slices left over to share with him when I got home.

No comments: