Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Good...

I'm back from my travels! Well, for at least a month. I had 2 sets of back to back meetings, and it was a new experience in the new role I've had since August. I got to meet a lot of interesting people and to see how well our team works together. We've been working almost non-stop since sometime in December, so it was nice to see the fruits of our labors at last.

Our first trip was in Dallas, and we stayed at the Grand Hyatt DFW at the airport. It was great. You could literally walk off of your plane into the terminal, take a left, and you were at the elevators to the hotel. The staff were amazing. They would drop everything to greet you and ask if they could get you anything. The rooms were nice--when a hotel bathtub is practically calling you to come soak in it, you know things are good. And the food--pecan pie to die for, afternoon snacks that made me drool, it was great. I think the only drawback was a lack of outdoor ambience, but we were so busy it didn't matter too much.

We had a very successful meeting and I got home safely. Mission accomplished.

No comments: