Saturday, August 23, 2008

Start spreading the news...

Guess where we went last Sunday!


That's right, the Bronx!

Ha ha. We went to see the Yankees play one of their final games at Yankees Stadium. It was a sweet deal--bus ride to the ballpark, 2 ginormous sandwiches, 2 drinks, ticket to the game. Who could ask for anything more?

Views from our seats:



A little steep, no? You felt like you'd get pitched out of your seat if you leaned forward a bit. But strangely enough, you get used to it.



See what's behind my husband? Yep, one more row of seats, then we're at the top of the stadium.



Oh yeah, and an obstructed view. But I'm not complaining ;)

Let's see, what else did we see?


Memorial Park. The guy behind us spent the game trying to figure out who was who. Can anyone get them all? (Chris, I'll bet you can.)



Brooklyn Bridge? The husband asked me and I didn't know. Can anyone ID it for me?



The new stadium, just next door.



The first pitch of the game. I love getting a picture of everyone set up to start the game. Mike Mussina was pitching ("Moooooooose!" or "Booooo!" if you're an Orioles fan ;)

It was a fun game. Our seats were under cover, so we enjoyed the breezes that came through on an 85-degree day in NYC. The people around us were really nice, and everyone got into the game (of course). Mike Mussina pitched a good game There were home runs on a regular basis, including a grand slam. And at least one person hit a triple, a feat that always amazes me.

We left when the score got to:



As we headed back, I got a shot of The City out of the bus window. Funny story--on the way in, a kid behind me asked if that was Philadelphia.









3 comments:

Gail said...

yes, that would be the Brooklyn Bridge. Glad you had fun (and took lots of pics)!

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

Um - holy crap. I was at the same game!!!!

I never knew you had a blog - I guess I never saw it in your sig.

theworms said...

Glad you had a good time in the Bronx (that's my hood). The bridge is the George Washington Bridge, great shot btw.