Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last post of 2008

I felt like I had to just write something down for the last day of 2008. We aren't doing anything terribly exciting. We're in the middle of 2 weeks off from work (yay!), and every year during this time we usually do a LOT of cleaning and organizing in the house. We make a list of each room and what we want to do, and slowly make our way through, hoping that one year we'll actually finish every task. Every time my mom calls, she asks what J is doing and I say, "cleaning and organizing". She says, "That's what he was doing yesterday!" Yep, it's a long list. But we've finished up a few rooms already, and it's so nice to walk in and feel good about what we've accomplished. That kitchen wall (the one where I bought paint for it 2 years ago) is finally painted. The bathroom cabinets are organized. Dumb stuff, but it feels so good.

I'm feeling a little under the weather today, and it's cold, windy, and snowy outside, so we're staying put for NYE. I plan to knit into the new year, since it's a good comfort activity and I have a ton of projects I feel the need to either start or finish.

Work on Monday is going to stink after this...

I wish you all a happy and healthy 2009. Be safe tonight and have fun, whatever you do to ring in the new year!

No comments: