Friday, January 2, 2009

Crafty vacation

I'm feeling much better, thank you.

So, since I've had a lot of downtime, I've been quite crafty. I even made some things for me.


My striped wool funnelneck sweater. The next one will be purple!


Damn, this imported sideways. Oh well, you get the idea. This is a little sweater for a friend of mine who just had a baby boy. I tweaked the pattern a bit to add the wood toggle buttons. Love it! Even J was impressed.


My alpaca winter hat. On my head first thing in the morning. So ignore the fact that I look like death.

By the way, I've also been painting. We have a wall that leads from the kitchen to the living room. I bought paint for it 2 years ago, but finally had the time to use it.

Before (yes, everything that was on the counter is now cluttering the island). You'll notice the wall is white, like the rest of the house was when we moved in.


After--much better!


I hope to finish the living room wall tomorrow (J moved big furniture for me tonight--yay!), so I'll post pix as soon as it's done!

2 comments:

RooManda said...

your kitchen cabinets and wall paint look like mine! The greens really look nice against those warmish/ yellowish/ orange-y cabinets.

Good work! And I love those sweaters- yours and the one for the baby! Your talent is inspiring. :D

trina said...

Cute! All of it!