Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My gardens, the early years


This is the raised garden bed I built. But my husband made it sturdy enough that we could actually move it from the garage to its final resting place.


These are the 9 bags of dirt I put into the garden bed. Plus a bag of mulch. All by myself!


Ta da! The finished product, surrounded by netting. Good for keeping out most critters around here.



Beans! I'm so excited.


A blurry picture of mesclun and spinach. No, I don't know which is which. Because I didn't label my sectors (that sounds very Star Trek to me for some reason). I'm sure I'll figure it out.


Onions in front, strawberries in back.


Some pretty weeds--I mean, wildflowers--in our yard.


Buds on the rose already.



The result of throwing herb seeds into my weed-strewn window box. I see some tarragon...