Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Heading to our nation's capital

I called my mom last week to get her schedule for the Great Parental Sojourn of June 2008. They're hitting multiple states in the next couple of weeks, and I wanted to know which one they'd be in, just for kicks. Turns out, they're going to be in Alexandria, VA over Father's Day weekend. Since that's not so far away from here, and the next time we see them won't be until Thanksgiving, I'm taking a trip down south. I'm really looking forward to it. Too bad Mom left Dad's Father's Day present (from me and the rest of the kids) at home.

I contemplated taking the train down, to save some $ and not burn so much fuel. But heck, it costs over $200 for Amtrak vs about $60 for my gas-sipping Civic. This is why we'll continue to drive our cars...

No comments: