Saturday, November 5, 2011

Yeah, I think her language is just fine

After our disastrous doctor appointment back in September, I've been keeping closer track than normal on S's language development. I almost wish I could take S back to that whackadoodle and see what she would think now. So far she can say:

uh-oh
up
hi
bye
Mommy
Daddy
Hobbes
please
thank you (that was new today)
Ah ah ah (her name for Count von Count, because that's what he says)
Nine Nine Nine (mimicking Herman Cain)
No (usually said with emphasis)
Yes
Eat
Mmmmm (what we do when we eat)
She sometimes says two after I say one.

If you ask what a bear says, she says "roaaaar". If you ask what a sheep says, she says "Ba", very decisively.

She's mimicking big time. She'll wipe the table, "blow her nose" (thanks to Grania for teaching her that one), put silverware away (even when it's dirty, sigh), and many other things I can't keep track of most days. She LOVES to wear our shoes.

And just for fun, here's a picture. She looks like she's going fly fishing.


No comments: