Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I bought yarn

While at Pennsic, I bought yarn. And I'm so excited to play with it.

I bought some cashmere. And just found a pattern from Japan for cable mittens. I can't wait.

I bought quite the batch of linen yarn. What the heck am I going to do with it? Make a market bag, of course. If my vegan sister in law is my Secret Santa pick this year, she may get it :)

And there's some alpaca, and plain old wool, all hand-dyed. I talked to the lady who dyed them, and now I want to try it too. We got really geeky about how one ingredient can change the color from a warm auburn to a dark gray. Be prepared for me to discuss my adventures dying with turmeric (yikes!).

So expect to see some new creations in the coming months. Some of the yarn is coming via mail from my mother in law (J left them with her for now, which is fine considering the state of this apartment). I can't wait to get my hands on it again.

No comments: