Sunday, October 17, 2010

Crafty update

Welcome to Dr L's Craft Time!

My friend Amy had her baby girl Elsie last month. She and her family were waiting until Elsie's arrival to find out the gender, so I held off on making her something until I had a color in mind. As soon as I heard "girl", I found this beautiful wine-colored washable wool, and a pattern for the 5-hour sweater. It took me a bit longer than 5 hours (don't ask), but not much, and I love how it turned out. So did Amy. I hope it's nice and warm for Elsie this winter.



While we were at our photo shoot last weekend, our friend Jen complimented me on S's pumpkin hat, and asked if I had any patterns in mind for a newborn Santa-style hat for her Christmas sessions. I cast about and found a great munchkin hat pattern. I used the same wonderful washable wool in wine, along with some white stripes, to knit what turned out to be an adorable hat. I may try this again in blue and white to have in my stash.



In the meantime, my crochet bug caught up with me, especially with a new book and yarn I talked about here. I made the first project that caught my eye, a scarf of interlinked flowers.




I was originally going to make this for my sister in law (and they can fight over which one it was ;), but I loved it so much I decided it's staying in my house.



That's OK, I have enough yarn to make 1 or 2 more, so maybe both sisters in law will have a cool homemade Christmas present from me. Maybe...

Stay tuned. There's a striped hat in similar colors to the floral scarf that's on my hook, and a few more projects kicking about. And I'm going to my knitting circle Tuesday night :)

3 comments:

d said...

Love love love the scarf!! =)

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

we loved the sweater, should fit real soon. Will take a pic!

Also - sofie in the dish drain is super cute!

Lindsay said...

What a cute little sweater