Saturday, June 26, 2010

Robin pictorial

Forgive me for being a bit obsessed about the robins outside the kitchen. It's not that often that we have nature so close by happening on a daily basis. And they rate they're growing never ceases to amaze me. I thought S was growing up fast!


Hard to see, but here they are with no feathers but all beak, waiting for someone to come feed them.



Now they've added a few feathers and they're all beak. The one on the right I call the alpha baby (though you don't see it here), because it usually stretches its neck the furthest. That's one hungry bird!


My best shot so far. You can see the beginnings of feathers, and the fact that their eyes aren't open yet.


More beaks, and their eyes are open. One was staring in my direction this morning, after momma robin took off. She was hanging out with them early in the AM before she went hunting.

We have good hunting grounds here. Our awesome landscaper gave us topsoil teeming with worms, so these birds will be well fed.







1 comment: