Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Movie reviews

S has started to get into a routine where she has a long-ish nap of at least 2 hours in the early/mid afternoon. And it's usually on me, since every time I try to move her to her bassinet, she wants nothing to do with it. I know, it's probably a bad precedent to set, but whatever. She's not even 2 months old.

Anyhoo, she's done this a couple of times with me and a couple of times with J. We've used it as an opportunity to watch a movie on Pay per View. Why not, right? We're not going anywhere. As a matter of fact, today I had a bowl of popcorn on the table next to me to complete the experience while S snored.

So far I've seen the Blind Side and Funny People (I'm basically going through the alphabetical listing and watching what looks interesting). Loved The Blind Side. Sandra Bullock does bossy well ;) And of course I loved the adoption angle. Not to mention, having lived in Baltimore for almost 10 years, and knowing that Michael Oher is a Baltimore Raven, made it even better.

Funny People? Not so funny. Is it just me, or just this movie, but are all Apatow films this filled with expletives? It got ridiculous. It's kind of like the shock jocks that J listens to. It's like they have a quota they have to meet each day. I know the movie got mixed reviews, and I'm definitely on the negative side.

Not sure what's next in the queue, but I'll keep you posted...

No comments: