Monday, April 5, 2010

Gonna talk gardening

Spring is finally here and I can't wait to get out into the yard. I planted some crocuses last fall and they are finally starting to bloom. My roses all survived the winter, even the climber that was still budding in November. The heather bloomed off and on all winter, but the latest flowers are bright and springy.

All of our new landscaping from last spring overwintered, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the dogwood looks this year. My biggest anticipation will be to see the hawthorne in the spring. If I remember correctly, it's going to be a mass of white flowers.

I am now sorely tempted to get a forsythia or 2 to add to the yard. They're all over the neighborhood and the color makes me happy. Not to mention, my parents have never seen one in person, so it would be nice to have them see one at our house when they come visit.

I'm taking S out for a walk tomorrow, so I'm going to try and get some pictures of our yard so you can see how amazing spring in the Poconos can be.

No comments: