Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A customer service rave!

I know, no one ever raves about customer service. But here I am. OK, I have a quibble with their web site, but more on that in a minute.

We have an EZ-Pass (actually 3 of them) from the Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge Commission. Yep, it's a mouthful. Every day I'd pass by their little DRJTBC sign on my way to and from work when I lived in PA (and worked in NJ). Not surprisingly, that was about the time I would cross the Delaware River. Get it?

Anyhoo

I would get e-mail statements every quarter, but never paid much attention because my toll was getting paid and life was good. I had once attempted to log in on their website and couldn't access it. I filed it away as something to remedy someday, and didn't think about it again for years.

Until someone (who shall remain nameless but whose name starts with J) got violation notices from 2 states claiming transponder failure and YOU OWE US MONEY MISTER!

So I had to call and sort it all out. The first person I called, I just wanted to get an actual account number, since I only had transponder numbers to work with. I gave him some basic info, he got me an account number AND a password, was delightful to talk to, and sent me on my way. The second time,  I called DRJTBC to deal with interstate violation notices (WE'RE WANTED IN NJ and MA!). I talked to a delightful woman who brainstormed possible reasons for my violations in the first place, updated my account info to include the fact that we have 2 completely different cars since I got the EZ Passes (way back in 2005!), and let me know how to handle my violation appeal.

Today I tried to log into the DRJTBC website to print out some information, and was denied. I finally gave up after a few tries and called customer service. Another very nice man told me I had to actually activate my account online before I could access everything, but he walked me through it and now I'm golden.

I joked with him that I think their website is so hard to navigate just so I'm forced to talk to the nice people on their phone lines. He was happy to hear that.

No comments: