Thursday, November 12, 2009

Yarn, glorious yarn!

So my favorite yarn store had their 5th anniversary party tonight. An evening of comraderie, treats, and yarn. Yay!

To prepare, I joined in a knit-along, making a bag for the occasion





I also made a cupcake (but I didn't take a picture)

We all got goodie bags, including this mug that is coming to work with me. And a string of green pearls



While I was there, I won a door prize!



Isn't it beautiful?

There was also a tricky tray/Chinese auction, and I won TWICE!




A knitting for men book and 10 skeins of 100% silk yarn



A pack of pattern books, and 3 skeins of gorgeous wool



Here's my stash. I'm stoked!!!

But the best part of this party was that the proceeds from our evening went to 2 great programs--Angel's Closet and VNA/Hospice. The evening raised $1300 for them.

Congrats on 5 years, Joanne! I had a great time.

1 comment: