Saturday, July 18, 2009

So, I've been knitting...

These are a couple of examples where I had some cool yarn and just needed a pattern for them.

First up, one of those great "buy the yarn, get the pattern" deals from a local yarn store. I just adored the variegated blues throughout. It felt so, so soft, and was a joy to work with. This kimono sweater pattern was pretty darn easy.



Next up, the product of a basic baby pattern book and a great nubby cotton yarn. This just shouts spring to me. If only I had taken a picture against a lighter background...



The reason I'm getting these done all of a sudden? My wonderful husband made me not one, but two blocking boards. I just discovered the importance (and dare I say it, the joy) of blocking knitted items to make seaming and assembly that much easier. So all of those sweater bits that were rolled at the ends and overwhelming me with the thought of making them look decent are now slowly becoming nice, flat bits that sew up together quickly.
So expect to see more pix soon. I already have another toddler sweater pinned on my boards, then I'll get started blocking the sweater in shades of blue I made for little old me!

No comments: